Sector Coordinator Green Infrastructure – KfW Office Jakarta
KfW Development Bank
KfW is one of the world’s leading promotional banks. As an integral part of KfW Group, KfW Development Bank carries out Germany’s Financial Cooperation with developing and emerging countries on behalf of the Federal Government. The 700 staff at its head office in Frankfurt, Germany and about 200 specialists in over 70 local offices cooperate with partners all over the world. Our top priorities are to improve people’s prospects for a better life, to protect the environment and to combat climate change.
The KfW Representative Office in Jakarta is looking to hire a Sector Coordinator Green Infrastructure
Indonesia is one of Germany’s global development partners. The cooperation focuses on three priority areas: Renewable Energy, Sustainable Economic Development and Environmental Protection. Under the direction of the German Federal Ministry of Development and Cooperation (BMZ) KfW finances an ambitious climate change agenda. The Governments have mutually agreed upon to jointly pursue the Indonesian-German Green Infrastructure Initiative – Transformation and Innovation in Urban Spaces.
Primary goal of the Green Infrastructure Initiative is to contribute to the sustainable reduction of carbon emissions in Indonesia to support Indonesia in the efforts of reaching its climate targets more quickly. This shall be achieved through the implementation of reform programmes and investment projects in the areas of urban public transport, solid waste management, and urban water and waste water management.
BMZ and KfW Development Bank will jointly provide loans of up to EUR 2.5 billion over the next five years to promote climate-friendly infrastructure investments and reforms. In addition, the initiative will promote the transfer of knowledge through specialised events on sectoral issues and thus raise awareness on climate and environmental issues.
We seek to complement our team by hiring a Sector Coordinator for Urban Spaces, with expertise in Public Urban Mobility, but also Urban Water/Waste Water/Solid Waste Management
Under the overall direction of the Director of KfW Office Jakarta he/she will cooperate with other Sector Coordinators in the KfW Office Jakarta and at KfW headquarters in Frankfurt.
He/she shall collaborate and establish trustful working relationships with KfW´s project partners, such as Indonesian Government officials, amongst others, the Ministry of Transport; Ministry of Public Works and Housing; Coordinating Ministry for Maritime & Investment Affairs; and PT.SMI, as well as relevant representative from provinces in which projects are being developed and implemented.
The Sector Coordinator will, among others,
- Identify and pursue potential investment opportunities for climate relevant infrastructure, especially with focus on public urban mobility
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationship with KfW´s partners as much on the side of the Indonesian Government as with other financing institutions like ADB, AfD, World Bank, GIZ and SECO
- Provide programme and project related interventions and support to Indonesian sectoral institutions as well as backstopping and dialogue with partners and consultants including day-to-day support and resolving intervention bottlenecks
- Upon request, represent KfW at workshops, conferences and seminars
- Prepare, accompany and support KfW HQ missions
- Prepare and attend working level meetings and report on them
- Prepare reporting, back to office reports, presentations and any other written output that might be requested
- Generate briefings and speaking points for the Office Directors and visiting staff as required
- Prepare analysis on issues related to public infrastructure, climate related investment strategies, urban planning and the like as issues arise
The scope of the position will be regularly reviewed and might be adapted in accordance to the needs of KfW Office Jakarta.
Requirements and skills are, inter alia,
- Graduate Degree/MBA in urban planning, transport, sustainability, climate management or equivalent
- A minimum of 10 years of working experience in development financing or in the management of internationally financed development programmes or similar activities
- Experience in developing new project ideas and creating new opportunities
- Proven experience in dealing with senior level Government officials
- Proven experience with Indonesian regulations and procedures and a profound knowledge of Government of
Indonesia’s policies, practices, legal frame and procedures
- Strong analytical and comprehension skills and ability to express those easily in writing
- Fluency in English (spoken & written) is a must
On a personal level we are looking for you if you are
- Indonesian National
- Excellent communicator
- Team-player with strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organised and able to work your way through multiple players of bureaucracy
- Tenacious, pro-active and ready to work hard to move the agenda along
- Remuneration commensurate with your experience and qualifications
- A two-year contract with a view to extending it indefinitely
- A constructive and communicative working environment
- Social benefit package
- Training, also in Germany
We would ideally like the Sector Coordinator to join our team by June 2021
Contact and application Process
Interested candidates should provide
- Cover letter incl. salary expectations
by 31. March 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org citing “Green Infrastructure” in the subject line.
Only applications providing the requested documentation will be considered.
To learn more about KfW Development Bank please visit our website www.kfw-entwicklungsbank.de